The beginners course is designed for people who have never done Capoeira before. The course introduces you to the basics of Capoeira including some of the basic kicks and moves some acrobatics, some of the traditional Capoeira music and an introduction to the Capoeira game or jogo. After the beginners course you will have a good understanding of what Capoeira is about.
Beginners course at Capoeira Senzala Australia start every term.
All beginners course classes are on Tuesday 6:30pm at the Griffin Centre, 20 Genge St, Civic.
- Term 2 – 1 May to 3 July
- Term 3 – 24 July to 25 September
- Term 4 – 16 October to 18 December
Cost per term is $150, or $100 for uni students, payable at the start of the term.
Included for free is one extra class per week in either of our adult classes on Thursday or Saturday during the term.
For the Class
Some things you should remember before coming to class:
- Wear comfortable gym clothes
- You can train barefoot or wear shoes – just make sure they are light and have low soles
- Bring your own water
- There are suitable places for changing clothes
- Arrive 10 minutes before the course commences
- Feel free to ask any questions during class
Once the beginners course is complete you can continue training with the beginners or join the intermediate class. See regular classes for the timetable and costs. You are also then required to wear the group uniform, which costs $100 and includes pants, a t-shirt and your cord (belt).